Friday, March 2, 2007

Register for Charity

As couples are getting married at a later stage and usually have everything they need, there is a growing trend towards having a registry for charity. Perhaps my analysis is incorrect on why more people are going this route, maybe it's just the fact that we have a great self-less society that wants to use every opportunity to give back to the community. Personally, I would prefer to register for more traditional items as I feel people would like to choose where their money goes to and may not believe in the same causes. Don't get me wrong, I think that charitable donations are a great idea, but I would probably steer away from it as a registry and perhaps make donations as the wedding favor. This way the money is coming directly out of you own pocket and you are still helping a cause that you believe in. In any case, there are now sites out there that help those who want to have a registry for their charities. I didn't interact with them much as I knew I wasn't going to use it, but it may be something that others are interested in.



The best one I found was http://www.justgive.org/weddings/index.jsp that has a section dedicated for wedding registries.

4 comments:

Sarah Myers said...

Thank you for featuring JustGive on your list of Ultimate Wedding Registries! We have several eco-chic and budget friendly services for couple's to use our Wedding Center. Aside from creating a registry from our database of nearly 1.5 million charities, couple's can make a donation in lieu of favors and we will provide a customize .pdf to print for the tables for free. Many of our couples also give our Charity Gift Cards as thank you gifts to friends and family - allowing the recipient to choose the charity they want to support.

IndoorDoctor said...

I listed my charity on the just give website but found it was too complicated to locate our registry and then the charity. Please make this site more user friendly.

IndoorDoctor said...

This site was too hard to locate our registry and then charity.

John david said...
This comment has been removed by the author.